Amanda Ribas recently spoke to MMA Fighting about her breakout 2020. Ribas will be fighting Marina Rodriguez at UFC 257, and she has been training with one of her former opponents in the octagon, Paige VanZant.
VanZant lost to Amanda Ribas back at UFC 251, being submitted in the very first round. Now both women at training at American Top Team, and plan on taking wins in their respective fights through January and February.
Amanda Ribas on Paige VanZant
Ribas would discuss how she and VanZant will be training together, helping each other prepare for their respective fights. ‘It’s really different because my last camp was to fight against her” Amanda Ribas would state. “And now? She’s helping me in this camp, and I’m helping her for her [BKFC] boxing. It’s cool. It’s amazing and we can show everybody that it’s professional. I’m not mad at her, she’s not mad at me. It’s professional.”
‘If she can help me, yes she will. If I can help her, I will help her” Ribas continued. “We are martial artists. We’re artists, not just crazy people throwing punches at each other. We are athletes. It’s amazing.’
Paige VanZant will be making her BKFC debut on February 5th, taking on Britain Hart. MMA Fighting would ask Amanda Ribas if she believes this was a good move for the former UFC fighter. ‘She’s a really smart girl, Ribas stated. ‘She has a really big heart and, I think for her? It will be good because no one who has a weak heart, or is a little scared, can fight like that without gloves. For her, I think it will be a big step to get money because they pay her really good. I think it will be really good.’
credit to MMA Fighting for the transcription
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Michael Chandler Talks Using The ’˜Mike Tyson’ Strategy
- Cris ’˜Cyborg’ Santos Open To Fighting Kayla Harrison
- Charles Oliveira Plans To Call Out Winner Of Poirier McGregor
- Michael Chandler ’“ ‘I Don’t Think Conor McGregor Gets The Credit That He Deserves’
- Brendan Schaub on Anthony Pettis ’“ ‘What Does a PFL Championship Really Do For You?’
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall Confirmed for UFC Fight Night