Last night’s UFC 257 card was headlined by the hotly anticipated rematch between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier. In what was somewhat of an upset (to bookmakers anyway), Dustin Poirier took the win via TKO in the second round.
Poirier spent the majority of the second round landing stiff calf kicks to McGregor, leading the Irishman to lose balance and not be able to find his base and go for the powerful combinations he has made a career off of.
Following the fight, Khabib Nurmagomedov took to Twitter and commented on ‘Notorious’ losing the fight. Khabib wrote:
“This is what happened, when you change your team, leave the sparring partners who made you a champion and sparring with little kids, far away from reality.“
Conor McGregor on Khabib Reaction
During the post fight press conference this was brought to McGregor’s attention, who was not happy at all with Khabib’s view of his training camp and preparation. “My team has been the team since day one, I have not changed any team,’ McGregor stated. “It is what it is. That is the character of the man for sure, behind the mask.”
“Is he coming back or not?” Conor McGregor continued. “Styles make fights, that’s why all this prestige stuff, I don’t hold onto that. Every fight against every man is different. ’˜But if he wants to have his disrespectful comments come back and let’s go again my man. If you’re coming back, come back and you try and do it.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Paige VanZant on Fighter’s UFC Pay ’“ ‘I Feel That We Do Need To Be Compensated More’
- UFC Fight Night ’“ Magny vs Chiesa on ESPN+ Live Results (20/01)
- Jon Anik ’“ ‘I Was Shaking After The Holloway/Kattar Fight’
- Daniel Cormier ’“ ‘It’s More On The Corner To Stop That Fight’
- Dana White Says That He Will Have Another Meeting With Khabib