UFC fighter Dustin Poirier recently appeared on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast. The Lightweight contender discussed a number of topics during the show including his 2019 bout against Khabib Nurmagomedov.
‘I just know how close it was,’ Poirier toldÂ Joe Rogan. Dustin Poirier lost the bout against Khabib back at UFC 242 to a rear-naked choke, but he had a guillotine of his own that nearly ended the fight in his favour.
Dustin Poirier on Khabib Fight
“A game of inches, and I know how close it was” Poirier continued. “What haunts me more than [not pulling] full guard is me not switching to a D’Arce or anaconda [choke] when he rolled to his side.”
‘I don’t know if he’s the strongest guy I ever fought,’ Poirier said. ‘It’s just his understanding of balance and weight placement was incredible. I’ve been fighting and wrestling a long time, as well, but he just knew where my weight was and where it needed to be for me to stay up with his foot trips. It’s hard to explain, man, but he’s good.’
credit to MMAFighting for the transcription
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Dana White Says If You Don’t Respect Usman You ‘Don’t Know Fighting’
- UFC 258 ’“ Polyana Viana Wins With Nasty Armbar Submission (VIDEO)
- Dana White Goes on The Offensive Again Against Illegal Streamers
- Justin Gaethje ’“ ‘What The F*ck Has Oliveira Done To Get a Title Shot?’
- Dana White Weighs In on Gina Carano Controversy
- Bellator MMA PPV Events To Be Shown on BBC iPlayer
- Paige VanZant Says That Next Fight News Will Be ‘Coming Soon’