Although they’re ‘friends,’ Gilbert Burns and Kamaru Usman look set to go to war this Saturday at UFC 258. Speaking to MMA Fighting, Gilbert Burns discussed how he’s preparing to fight the UFC Welterweight Champion Kamaru Usman on February 13th.
‘I know a lot of things about him, he knows a lot of things about me,’ Burns began. ‘I’m training with a lot of teammates that know a lot of things about him. They’ve kind of helped me out a lot. It’s a little weird because I still like Kamaru a lot. I have so much respect, but the way I see it, it’s going to be a hard competition. It’s going to be a hard day at the desk and I don’t know if it’s good or bad to know the guy the way I know. I know a lot of things about him and I make a lot of strategy about that but he knows too so it’s hard to say if it benefits or not.”
Gilbert Burns on Kamaru Usman
‘I think it benefits” Gilbert Burns continued. “Because I know how hard I need to be ready, and I’m working to get as ready as I need but so is he. I don’t know if it helps so much. We’re about to find out. This is going to be the first time that I fight against a guy that I trained very much. We’re about to find out on Feb. 13.”
Gilbert Burns finished by saying how the two men have gone to ‘war’ in the past. ‘He was always a good round, a good look for me in sparring. Every time that I go to the sparring session and I need a good look, Kamaru was a good look for me always and I was the same for him. We have a couple wars, all in Florida, Blackzilians, Combat Club, Hard Knocks, Sanford, and he’s a very good one. I beat him up a couple times, he beat me up a couple times. We wrestle, we grapple, we have so many hours training together.’
‘I want to finish you, I want to beat you up, knock you out, submit you. If I cannot, if I think you’re going to stay there, then I think of domination. But first, I’m thinking of finishing. That’s what I’m looking for and I’m looking forward to being dangerous everywhere in that fight.’
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- MANSCAPED ’“ We are absolutely ecstatic to announce that Fighter Fans has joined with MANSCAPEDâ„¢ to offer our readers 20% off and FREE SHIPPING on all orders! MANSCAPEDâ„¢ the best in men’s below-the-waist grooming. MANSCAPEDâ„¢ offers precision-engineered tools for your family jewels. Go to http://manscaped.com/ and get 20% off + free shipping with our link: manscaped.com/fighterfans #manscapedpod
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- REPORT: George St Pierre ’˜Preparing’ For Khabib UFC Fight
- Deiveson Figueiredo ’“ ‘I Want To Shut Up Henry Cejudo’
- Matt Brown Not Retiring Following Carlos Condit Loss
- Frankie Edgar on Fight Night ’“ ‘This Is a Number 1 Contender Fight’
- Michael Chandler Calls For UFC Dustin Poirier Fight
- Charles Oliveira ’“ ‘Dustin Poirier Is The Fight To Make’