UFC commentator Jon Anik recently discussed the Fight Night main event from last weekend. Max Holloway faced Calvin Kattar and put on one of the most impressive performances in MMA history; with the Featherweight great taking a unanimous decision victory after 5 rounds.
“I’m the guy that says ‘one loss is like a two year championship setback.’ I’m the guy calling people the GOAT, the pound for pound King when probably we shouldn’t even be having that conversation!” Jon Anik began on the Anik & Florian podcast. “But I’m going to take you back to August 3rd 2019 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Dominick Cruz and I are walking out of that arena after Colby Covington put it on Robbie Lawler. Not only did he throw almost 550 strikes? But I think Colby attempted 20 takedowns.”
Jon Anik on Max Holloway
“And I was just blown away by the offensive output” Anik continued. “To such an extent that I felt like it was the most impressive performance I had ever seen, in person, in my life. And this [Max Holloway showing] took that to a new level. Max threw over 150 more strikes, or over almost 200 more strikes than Colby Covington did. He attempted over 700 strikes!”
Jon Anik would finish by saying that he was ‘shaking’ after Holloway’s performance. “I was shaking after the fact. Like I was shaking for a half hour. I’ve never had that type of overwhelming emotion after a fight. That was the greatest singular performance that I’ve seen in that seat in 10 years.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- BREAKING: Khabib Nurmagomedov Confirms He Wants To See ’˜Something Spectacular’ To Return To UFC
- Max Holloway on Conor McGregor Rematch ’“ ‘He Knows I’m Only a Call Away’
- UFC Fight Night on ABC 1 Live Results
- UFC Fight Night on ABC ’“ Fight Card, Betting Odds
- Calvin Kattar ’“ ‘I’m Planning on Fighting The Best Max Holloway’