UFC fighter Leon Edwards make his return the octagon this past Saturday at UFC Fight Night in the UFC APEX, Las Vegas. This was the first time that Leon Edwards competed in the octagon for 18 months. The fight ended via an accidental eye poke where Leon Edwards hit Belal Muhammad in the right eye. It was one of the worst eye pokes in company history, with Muhammad in severe pain; his eye was bleeding and swollen instantly.
To re-iterate, this was accidental, and Edwards was extremely apologetic in the post fight interview and devastated that his return ended in such a way. Belal Muhammad and Edwards embraced in the octagon following the fight and it was a sour note to end on.
Leon Edwards on Kamaru Usman Fight
Interestingly, Leon Edwards stated after the fight during the press conference that he now believes he deserves a Welterweight title shot against Kamaru Usman.
‘I believe a title shot should be next,’ Edwards said. ‘I’ve rebuilt myself back up since last competing against (Kamaru) Usman. I was on an eight-fight winning streak. Tonight was going to be nine. The writing was on the wall. I was winning the fight, clearly. I believe I should be next at the title shot. I’ve built myself back up. That’s what should be next, I think.’
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Juliana Pena Keeps Calling Out UFC GOAT Amanda Nunes
- Daniel Cormier ’“ ‘Jon Jones Is The World’s Best Light Heavyweight’
- Dana White Says Israel Adesanya Should ‘Focus on Middleweight’
- Aljamain Sterling To Trolls ’“ ‘Cool Your Tits, You Guys Aren’t Doctors’
- Monster Energy Responds To Allegations Made By Dominick Cruz
- Henry Cejudo Apologises To Bantamweight Champion Aljamain Sterling
- Max Holloway Talks Not Getting Khabib Nurmagomedov Fight