UFC Lightweight star Michael Chandler will be entering the octagon at UFC 257 to face Dan Hooker. Appearing on the latest episode ofÂ UFC Unfiltered, Chandler would say that he is excited and ready for the matchup.
Chandler would also discuss the main event of that show. Conor McGregor will be facing Dustin Poirier in a hotly anticipated rematch.
“If you take your competitor hat off and you put your fan hat on, [it’s exciting]?” Chandler would begin on the podcast. “You think about the run that Dustin Poirier has been on? Capturing the interim title…obviously losing to Khabib, but who hasn’t, let’s be honest the guy’s undefeated!”
“And then you look at Conor” Chandler continued. “With what he has done? He went from relative Superstar? To now the biggest combat sports icon on the entire planet. Since then he has had a lot of ups and a couple of downs, you know? The big fight with Floyd Mayweather [for example].”
Michael Chandler Talks Conor McGregor
Michael Chandler would then compare the difference between McGregor and Poirier from their first fight back in 2014. “They’re just two completely different fighters than they were back in a couple years ago” Chandler would state. “They’re both more mature.”
Chandler would finish by crediting Conor McGregor for his abilities, maybe even angling for a fight down the line. “I don’t think Conor gets the credit that he deserves. I have always said that Conor is not as good as he thinks he is, but he’s better than a lot of us think that he is.”
“Everybody was like ‘oh he’s just a talker he’s not that good'” Chandler continued. “The guy is a phenomenal mixed martial artist. The guy has polished up his game and he’s tenacious. He is living the lifestyle it seems, but the motivated Conor that people talk about? He’s a scary guy. And I think that fight. if Poirier can weather those first couple of rounds? It’s going to become a very interesting fight.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California, Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing – Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight, who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Matt Serra Talks How a Sports Phycologist Helped George St Pierre Beat Him
- Brendan Schaub ’“ ‘Anyone Criticising UFC During The Pandemic Needs To Get Out of The Sport’
- Miranda Maverick Talks Wanting To Make More Money In The UFC
- Leon Edwards Says He Offered To Fight Magny or Chiesa at UFC Fight Island 8
- Kamaru Usman vs. Gilbert Burns Set For UFC 258