UFC Lightweight fighter Michael Chandler made an impressive start to his UFC career this past weekend at UFC 257. ‘Iron’ Michael Chandler defeated Dan Hooker via TKO with a flurry of punches in the very first round.
Following the fight, Chandler cut a Ric Flair inspired promo, saying that he is ready for all-comers in the UFC Lightweight division. Following the event, Chandler also expressed a desire to face Khabib Nurmagomedov for the Lightweight belt.
‘I would love for Khabib to come back,’ Chandler stated at the press conference. ‘I get it. I haven’t earned the right for him to think that he is not levels above me yet with just that performance. But I promise you, I can beat that man. I promise you, if he steps in the Octagon with me, he becomes 29 and Chandler and not 30-0. So we will see.’
Michael Chandler on Khabib Nurmagomedov
‘Listen, I’m not undefeated,’ Chandler continued. ‘I wear my L’s on my sleeve. I’ve got five of ’˜em. A couple of them were weird stoppages: TKO, injury, defaults, whatever you call them. But every single time, I’ve come back better. I am by now means a perfect man inside that cage, inside that Octagon. But I promise you I can beat that man. I promise you I can beat Khabib.”
Michael Chandler then finished by saying that Khabib has earned the right to sail off into the sunset, but if he does return? Chandler will be waiting for him. ‘Listen, you’ve earned every right to be able to sail off into the sunset and continue living your life and making your impact because you’ve done it thus far. But man, if you ever do come back, there’s a man over here waiting for you from High Ridge, Missouri.’
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Paige VanZant on Fighter’s UFC Pay ’“ ‘I Feel That We Do Need To Be Compensated More’
- UFC Fight Night ’“ Magny vs Chiesa on ESPN+ Live Results (20/01)
- Jon Anik ’“ ‘I Was Shaking After The Holloway/Kattar Fight’
- Daniel Cormier ’“ ‘It’s More On The Corner To Stop That Fight’
- Dana White Says That He Will Have Another Meeting With Khabib