UFC Lightweight title contender Michael Chandler recently spoke to ESPN. The former Bellator fighter discussed a number of topics during the interview, including his upcoming UFC 262 Championship fight against Charles Oliveira.
Chandler also talked about who he thinks he will be facing in the octagon for his first Championship defence, assuming he wins the title at UFC 262.
Michael Chandler on Conor McGregor
‘If I put my money on it, I think it’s gonna be Conor (McGregor)” Michael Chandler began. “I think he makes some adjustments, very small minor adjustments, and he gets the win in that trilogy (with Dustin Poirier),’ Chandler said toÂ ESPN.
Conor McGregor is currently being touted for the trilogy fight against Dustin Poirier at UFC 264. Although that fight has not been officially confirmed, it has been mentioned by Dana White as the more likely destination for the 3rd bout.
Michael Chandler is currently 1-0 in the UFC; with a dominant knockout victory coming in his first UFC fight back at UFC 257. Ironically, that was the same card that saw Conor McGregor knocked out by Dustin Poirier.
With the way the Lightweight division is stacked there’s a chance we will see a number of huge bouts over the next year at least.
Also Check Out:
- Gina Carano Reacts To Former U.S. Senator Calling Her a ’˜Nazi’
- Jon Jones Livid With ‘Bullsh*t’ New Lil Nas X ’˜Satan’ Trainers
- Jake Paul Hypes McGregor Bout ’“ ‘I’m Conor McGregor’s Money Fight’
- Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 3 ’˜Close To Official’ For UFC 264
- Joe Rogan Says That Stipe Miocic May Now Retire from UFC
- Megan Anderson Talks Her First Meeting With Khabib Nurmagomedov