UFC Middleweight Number #1 ranked fighter Robert Whittaker took the win over Kelvin Gastelum this weekend. The two men clashed in the main event of UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ and BT Sport (in the UK).
‘I’ve fought nothing but No. 1 contenders,’ said Whittaker, following the defeat of Gastellum. It’s worth noting that Whittaker has defeatedÂ Darren Till,Â Jared CannonierÂ andÂ Kelvin GastelumÂ since he lost his 185lb belt toÂ Israel Adesanya.
‘I’ve already ran the gauntlet. Everybody that had a title shot if they beat me, I beat. That’s it” Robert Whittaker continued.
Robert Whittaker on Marvin Vettori
Whittaker also discussed fellow Middleweight Marvin Vettori, who himself recently defeated Kevin Holland at the UFC APEX. Although Vettori looks promising, Whittaker believes that he has more to accomplish before challenging the top of the Middleweight division.
‘I like Marvin, I guess. He’s alright” Whittaker said. “But I think there’s fights he still needs to make. I don’t think he’s fought the top three dudes, the top five dudes, really. But he can wait his turn.”
“Let me have my fight” Robert Whittaker added, saying how he wants another shot at Israel Adesanya. “And then he [Vettori] can fight the winner of that. Relax.’
Also Check Out:
- Tony Ferguson STILL Wants Khabib Nurmagomedov Fight
- Conor McGregor Sexual Assault Case Dropped by French Authorities
- Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier 3 Finally Made Official
- Valentina Shevchenko Talks Jake Paul vs Ben Askren
- Floyd Mayweather Meets With Dana White and RIZIN CEO
- Amanda Ribas Reportedly Making UFC Return in May
- Beneil Dariush Says That He Plans To ’˜Out-Crazy’ Tony Ferguson