In a recent turn of events that has the wrestling world buzzing, Logan Paul has openly expressed his views on the controversial decision by WWE to replace Cody Rhodes with The Rock for the headline match at WrestleMania 40.
This decision has not only caused a stir among the fans but also among the wrestlers themselves, with Paul taking to Twitter to voice his support for Rhodes.
WWE News: The WrestleMania 40 Controversy
Cody Rhodes, after securing a win at the Royal Rumble, was initially slated to face Roman Reigns in what was expected to be a marquee match at WrestleMania 40.
However, in a surprising twist, WWE opted to bring in Hollywood megastar The Rock, sidelining Rhodes and sparking widespread debate among the WWE fanbase.
The episode of WWE SmackDown that saw The Rock confront Roman Reigns ended in tension, with Rhodes seemingly relinquishing his title shot at WrestleMania 40.
This move has divided fans, many of whom are disappointed to see a top babyface replaced by a part-time wrestler, despite WWE’s rationale for the switch.
WWE News: Logan Paul’s Stand
WWE United States Champion Logan Paul did not hold back his thoughts on the matter. Through a succinct tweet, Paul made it clear where his allegiances lie, stating, “We want Cody.”
This public endorsement of Rhodes over The Rock has added fuel to the fire, with fans rallying behind Paul’s sentiment, hoping for Rhodes to reclaim his spot at WrestleMania 40.
The backlash against WWE’s decision has transcended social media, catching the attention of mainstream media outlets such as TMZ and USA Today.
The wrestling community is now keenly awaiting how the storyline will unfold, with speculation rife about the potential outcomes of WrestleMania 40.
- What was Logan Paul’s reaction to Cody Rhodes being replaced by The Rock?
- Logan Paul expressed his support for Cody Rhodes on Twitter, indicating his preference for Rhodes over The Rock at WrestleMania 40.
- Why was Cody Rhodes replaced by The Rock for WrestleMania 40?
- WWE decided to bring in The Rock for a headline match against Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 40, sidelining Cody Rhodes, who had originally won the Royal Rumble.
- How have fans reacted to the decision?
- Many fans are disappointed and frustrated, feeling that Cody Rhodes, a top babyface, was unfairly replaced by a part-time wrestler.
- Will Cody Rhodes get his WrestleMania 40 spot back?
- The situation remains uncertain, with fans and wrestlers alike calling for Rhodes to be reinstated for the WrestleMania 40 main event.